Calendar Poodle SAL

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Poodle treats

Hey everybody! Hope your day is a super one thus far. Hello new followers. So glad you found me. Thank you ladies for the sweet comments, you brighten my day. :)

So this is what I just finished off a few minutes ago.

Poodle Treats Basket Band

I thought a small cross stitch band for Mabel's treat basket in the kitchen would be cute. The small sitting poodle I found here. I adapted it a bit to my liking. I have used this motif a few times before. The poodle jumping through the hoop was found here. This would be an antique pattern which I think is awesome. Again I tweaked it a bit. Left off the clown also.


I stitched it on 32 count white linen, 2 over 2. This would be my first time using crescent colors floss. The color is called Milady's Teal. I have no idea at all why. It is a variegated grey floss. Mabel is sort of a variegated grey herself! ;)

Simple and cute! How do you like my Italian spaghetti poodle? I love that neck on him. :)  And the treat basket?  When you own a little barrel chested, begging toy poodle, you need to keep her slim. We don't give her regular dog treats.


Plain rice cakes that we break up. Exciting right? Delicious, no? Yucko!! But guess who does tricks for them? She even lets me pluck the hair out of her ears for them! Silly girl just loooves food.♥

That's it for today. Onto another stitch. Any guesses as to the next subject?

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

13 comments:

butterfly said...

Vickie that is so cute, what a lovely job you have done
poodle basket is lovely. hugs.

CalamityJr said...

Oh, I love this! My Woody is a golden retriever-poodle, so this would work perfectly for doodle treats.

Giovanna said...

That's a very cute finish, well done!

Michelle said...

Oh that is so cute x

Anonymous said...

Hello

Lovely treat bag and Mabel is gorgeous.

Mouse said...

love the idea but not sure it would work for our Bentley ..lol ...he would be in there with out the lid on ... and munch the lot .
love mouse xxxx

Penny said...

What a cute idea!

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

Love your sense of humour in stitching this up for your dog! That little statue ornament of the poodle is adorable too - :)

Chris said...

What a sweet finish.
Well her treats are healthy. I am always teasing one of my coworkers that it is like chewing cardboard. I have to have the caramel corn or PB ones.
Happy Thursday!

Marsha said...

That turned out really cute! Love the back of the bunny pillow too.

Sally said...

What a wonderful finish Vickie:)

Melanie said...

Very cute!!!!

Catherine said...

So very cute!!