Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, December 9, 2016

Hi friends! Brian got me a small gift from Hobby Lobby the other day to cheer me up. Boy did this ever make me smile, despite the horrid headache.
Who does not love a Miss Mabel ornament with bling?!
I stopped the project I was working on. It is not cross stitch, but sewing. I plan to do it some other time, just not now. It is not going to get done for this Christmas with the other things that need to get done. With my head hurting so very much 24/7, I can only push myself so much. Definitely not the way I used to be able to zip around and get many things done.

So..... I started my mom's Christmas angel ornament. Hardly any progress there to show you.
I finished listening to another audio book. I borrowed this book from our library's audiobook collection available through OverDrive. Joni: An Unforgettable Story is a book I have wanted to read for years. I decided to finally listen to it! Glad I did. I learned valuable life lessons from it.

The award-winning story of a young woman who triumphed over devastating odds to touch countless lives the world over with the healing message of Christ. Includes photos and illustrations by Joni.

In a split second on a hot July afternoon, a diving accident transformed the life of Joni Eareckson Tada forever. She went from being an active young woman to facing every day in a wheelchair. In this unforgettable autobiography, Joni reveals each step of her struggle to accept her disability and discover the meaning of her life. The hard-earned truths she discovers and the special ways God reveals his love are testimonies to faith’s triumph over hardship and suffering.

The new 25th Anniversary edition of this award-winning story--which has more than 3,000,000 copies in print in over 40 languages--will introduce a new generation of readers to the incredible greatness of God’s power and mercy at work in those who fully give their hearts and lives to him.

Joni has written an afterword in which she describes the events that have occurred in her life since the book’s publication in 1976, including her marriage to Ken Tada and the expansion of her worldwide ministry to families affected by disability.

Joni is now available for the first time in an unabridged audio version read by the author.
I hope you have a lovely weekend my friends. I hope you are not getting frazzled.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie


29 comments:

Honeybee said...

Aw! I saw that ornament the other day and thought of sending it to you... but I was pretty sure you'd already have it! ;O)

gracie said...

Doing only what you can is important. Not pushing yourself is important...you are important my friend.

Robin in Virginia said...

What an adorable ornament, Vickie! Thank you for the book recommendation; if memory serves me correctly, I read it back in '77 or '78. Have a peaceful weekend!

CJ said...

Beautiful ornament. Take care and enjoy your day.

Pull the other thread said...

Sorry to hear that the headaches are so bad. What an amazing ornament and so glad to hear it put a smile on your face.

Manuela said...

Oh what a very cute christmas ornament.
Have a nice weekend.

Linda said...

Love the ornament Vickie. Sorry about the headache,

Linda

Carol said...

Oh, what a perfect ornament, Vickie :) Brian knows you well! I read Joni's story when it first came out... it is so inspiring. Did you know there is a movie, too? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080966/

Hoping you can get through the headache pain somehow, Vickie--I know it must be extra hard at this time of year with all there is to do...

Andrea said...

What a cute ornament.

marly said...

That ornament couldn't be more perfect for you. So sorry you are having such pain.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a wonderful ornie, Mabel must be very pleased with herself on the tree!

Bea said...

The perfect ornament for you.

Don't push yourself too hard - you are supposed to be enjoying this special time of year as well a everyone else.

I remember Joni's story, an amazing and inspiring woman.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

A lovely gift to hang on your tree.Hoping your headache eases very soon Vickie.

Margaret said...

Love the Mabel ornament. it's perfect. I'm so sorry you're suffering so much. :( Prayers.

laceystitcher said...

So sorry that nasty headache is hanging around!! I can see why the cute ornament would make you smile; it did me too. I read Joni's book years ago and it stuck with me all these years; such a powerful witness; certainly makes me shape up when I am having a pity party. Prayers still coming your way - hugs, too!

Barb said...

I remember her story. You have inspired me to read it again.

Angela Tucker said...

That ornament is just darn cute!! And so sparkly. Wow, the month is half over...maybe I should start getting ready for Christmas. LOL LOL LOL

Marilyn said...

The Poodle ornament is perfect!
I hope you find some relief soon.
Marilyn

gominam said...

Such a sweet gift! Hoping you feel better soon. Take care.

Lili said...

So cute gift!!
Take care of you!!I hope you feel better soon!
Hugs,
Lili

Penny said...

That is one cute ornament, Vickie! That book sounds familiar - I think I may have read it a long time ago and remember it to have been a very inspiring story. I'm so sorry you are having so much pain - I know it is especially hard at this time of the year, but try not to push yourself too hard.

Sending hugs your way ~
Take care,
Penny

Carolien said...

How sweet of Brian!
I hope you will feel better very very very soob.
Take care, my friend.

Prayers and hugs, Carolien

Jenny said...

What a precious ornament! I can certainly see why it would make you smile! That was just so sweet!

I read the story about Joni years ago and loved it! It truly is an inspiring story.

Sending hugs your way with lots of prayers! I am just so hoping you will be feeling better soon!

butterfly said...


What a lovely ornament , so cute so you .
I wish I was a fairy godmother and would wave those head pains away with my wand .
I am not , but I can pray for my friend , sending hugs and xxx.

Pam in IL said...

How nice that Brian got an ornament to cheer you up. I'm sorry to hear that your headache has been so bad. Boy, I can sure relate to that. Take care!

Julie said...

Perfect 'feel better' gift
xxx

Brigitte said...

A very sweet idea from Brian.

Beth said...

What an adorable ornament - so perfect for you!

Weronika said...

Lovely ornament. I am very sorry to hear about your headaches. The story you've red must be really wonderful. I hpe you will get better very soon.