Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, December 30, 2016

Pink and Sparkly

Hi friends! I forgot to share this little finish with you. It is a freebie from our friend Palkó. I stitched this one over one on 25ct white evenweave using the sparkly, pink Madeira floss I received from June. ♥
Here are my December pieces on display. This picture is awful. Sorry. It was snowy and overcast and I had lights on, but the picture still is blurry. I think you kind of get the idea.

I finished reading book number two in the Maisie Dobbs series a while ago. I truly enjoyed it very much. 
 Birds of a Feather (The Second Maisie Dobbs Mystery)
Jacqueline Winspear’s marvelous debut, Maisie Dobbs, won her fans from around the world and raised her intuitive, intelligent, and resourceful heroine to the ranks of literature’s favorite sleuths. Birds of a Feather, its follow-up, finds psychologist and private investigator Maisie Dobbs on another dangerously intriguing adventure in London “between the wars.” It is the spring of 1930, and Maisie has been hired to find a runaway heiress. But what seems a simple case at the outset soon becomes increasingly complicated when three of the heiress’s old friends are found dead. Is there a connection between the woman’s mysterious disappearance and the murders? Who would want to kill three seemingly respectable young women? As Maisie investigates, she discovers that the answers lie in the unforgettable agony of the Great War.

 I have almost completed the Christmas ornament for my young Ukrainian friend. It is filled with specialty stitches. I did not realize how long this would take me! Oh well. It is going to be a very nice gift. Then on to Brian's Christmas ornament.

I hope you have a beautiful weekend my friends! I would like to wish you a Blessed, Happy New Year! Thank you for stopping by.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

29 comments:

faith76 said...

That sounds like a good read. Beautiful December stitching Xxx Have a lovely New Year Xxx

Manuela said...

Wonderful little ornament. I like your display.
Have a Happy New Year.

KimM said...

Oh, Vickie....I love your December display and pink December stitch. So "You". Wishing you a lovely 2017, my friend.
Hugs
xxx

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Your December ornament collection is lovely,Vickie.I love Santa,his sleigh and reindeer with your little poodle on a sled:)
Wishing you a Happy New Year too.

Irmeli said...

All of your finishes are just beautiful.
Happy New Year to you!

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning, Sweet Vickie! Pink AND sparkly? That is definitely a win-win. LOL

I love your over-one stitching. It is so very beautiful...you have a lot of talent. SMILE

I hope you have an amazing day!

butterfly said...


What a lovely stitch , happy you liked the pink thread.

gracie said...

Always love seeing your display cubby...Happy New Year my dear friend.

Carol said...

Such pretty pieces in your December cubby, Vickie! I'm glad you have a bit longer to finish Brian's ornament. I was trying to do a last minute one for my son, but didn't finish, so I will save it for next year :)

Wishing you every happiness in 2017 (and far fewer headaches!!).

Robin in Virginia said...

Your pink sparkly December block is precious. I always enjoy seeing your monthly cubby picture. Wishing you a peaceful New Year with many blessings and fewer headaches.

diamondc said...

Vickie: Happy New Year, I love the pink finish so bright and sweet looking.
I am an avid reader these books are on my list to read, I put books in a drawer pull one out and read it and do the same for the next set of books.
Your shadow shelf looks wonderful.

Blessings
Catherine

Lili said...

I love your display!! Your ornament is so lovely!!
Happy New Year!!

Linda said...

Another cute finish Vickie.

Linda

Julie said...

The thread from June stitched up beautifully.
Wishing you good health for 2017

Barb said...

Your December collection looks so pretty!

Jenny said...

Hi Vickie,
I love your latest December finish and your cubby looks wonderful! The pink floss is just beautiful and is so very much YOU!

I have to read the Maisie Dobbs series! It sounds just wonderful!

Happy New Year my dear friend! I wish you a year filled with love and joy and lots of wonderful memories with the people you love! I am also praying that 2017 is a headache free year for you!

Sending big hugs and love!

Bea said...

Your December display is lovely.

Sounds like another story I need to hunt out at my library.

Justine said...

Beautiful December display and I love your new stitch with the sparkly pink floss!
Wishing you a very happy new year.

Stasi said...

Vickie, I do love how you're stitching for the wooden display--very clever and fun!!!
Happy New Year!

Penny said...

That's a very pretty pink and sparkly finish, Vickie! And it's nice seeing all of your December finishes together. : ) Wishing you and your family a very happy new year!

Lumiruusu said...

The December stitched with the pink thread is awesome as well the little Robin in your last post! I wish you a Blessed New year 2017 !

Carolien said...

Your collection looks so nice, Vickie, lovely!

Happy New Year!!!

Hugs Carolien

gominam said...

Lovely December display! A Blessed New Year to you and your family.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

All the best for this coming year Vickie, I do hope your health issues recede.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your cubby looks wonderful with all the little stitching and Ornaments. Palko's series of months are so sweet.
I hope that 2017 is a better year for your health and you avoid headaches of all kinds!

Brigitte said...

Your December shelf looks great, Vickie. And that pink addition after a freebie from Palko is just beautiful - and so you :)

Von said...

I always enjoy seeing your shelf each month, even if it's a little blurry! The weather doesn't always cooperate with us in our photography endeavors. :)

Maggee said...

Have a Very Merry Christmas tomorrow! I hope it is pain free for you! Love the pink ornament, of course! You December display is great! Hugs!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely stitching! Your December cubby looks great :D